Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi from a noob
ive been a good boy and had a search about but cant find what i need so if im asking an old thing sorry before hand

i have just got for buttons a 97 vectra 2.0 litre di turbo (trim is gls) and it will not start(did not get it till 4 this afternoon so not had time to do much ) , it will run it i fire easy start in as i crank but it stops if its getting no easy start , i can not work out if its an electric pump in the tank (?) or not but think it is and i cant hear it run , and i have an air bag light on the dash (i think thats what it is ) now to the science bits

1 is the diesel pump run by an ecu and if so does the warning light for the air bag shut this down ? and is there any way to reset anything to get it to run , i have read about tech 2 or something but i get the idea that is for vectra 2 , yes no ?, if its on this model would i have to drag it to a dealer to have this reset to start with

2if its not cut of by the bag light is there a relay i should be looking at or something , i have checked all fuses and they are ok from the 60 amp ones by the battery through to the fuse box

any help will be great and i thank you in advance
sorry for the long post btw

·
Registered
248 Posts
vectra dtl and dth engines are a pain in the rear sometimes for starting probs.. probs with leak off pipes glow plugs..... :cry:
"one way valves can be fitted to stop the return of fuel to tank"
also the diesel pumps are common fault....
Your airbag light will either be left or right pretensioner high resist or squib ring... or replace ecu " which will come up if u have been jumping your battery"

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the pump fed from a pump in the tank or does it pull it from the injector pump?
sorry for the dumb q's btw im new to oil burners :mmmm

i dont know whats been done to it before i got it so jumping could have been done :(

·
Registered
248 Posts
hmm i think its just fed via the pump i dont think theres an electric pump in the tank.... :rolleyes: u tried easy start etc usually after a while of cranking with easy start they fire up...

·
Registered
122 Posts
no there is no pump in the tank. because i do alot of these i have a hand pump i put in the fuel line, pump up with that then they start. have to do this every time i do a service on one lol.
does sound like the leak off pipes on the injectors letting in air.
air bag is an unrelated fault try unpluging the yellow plug under your seat and pluging it back in again.(with the ignition off)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its alive alive i tell you :)

changed the bleed off pipes in the snow ,put a facel pump on it to pull the fuel through and a spray of easy to get it going ,
i will change the glow plugs tomorrow and that should be it done

thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its alive ,alive i tell you :D

i changed the bleed off pipes and used a pump to prime it then a squert of easy start to get it up and running , i will change the plugs tomorrow and thats it
thanks for the help guys i think i need to get you both a :beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts