Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
21 - 40 of 153 Posts
see post on your thread in forum

starting probs with zafira diesel 2001 model

i have a cold starting probs.I checked the glow plug .It s fine while check it in outside. and checked the leak of pipe. That si also fine. Now no idea what to do. one of my friend said that could be the glow plug relay. is their any reply is their , and where is fitted .is it under the dash board. or??????

If you own a 20 di the car will start all weather and freezing without glow plugs. if you have a 2.0 or2.2dti you need the glow plugs to start the car 10 months of the year. they are all the same. I have had 2 x 2.0 dti vectras 1 x 2.2Dti vectra nad I still havea 2.2 dti omega which will not start unless you use glow plus even in this climate now.

if you have a 2.0 or2.2dti you need the glow plugs to start the car 10 months of the year. they are all the same. I have had 2 x 2.0 dti vectras 1 x 2.2Dti vectra nad I still have a 2.2 dti omega which will not start unless you use glow plus even in this climate now.
thats strange both my 2.2dti does not need them or the astra 2.0dti and zafira 2.0dti

i have a cold starting probs.I checked the glow plug .It s fine while check it in outside. and checked the leak of pipe. That si also fine. Now no idea what to do. one of my friend said that could be the glow plug relay. is their any reply is their , and where is fitted .is it under the dash board. or??????

not glow plugs change filter in tis weather should start without them

zafira dti cold starting trouble

I try to check the glow plugs.It reads 1.5 ohms each.and i compare with new plugs ,that is also 1.6 ohms.
I have too much difficulty to start in cold condition,if the vehicle is running daily then no problem, If it stays couple of days with no starting then it is very difficult to start. .Need to crank it for 5 to 7 min.and at last it start with some white smokes..Once it start then alright.I check the leak of pipe But i can't see any leak in the pipe.i have one double. While i turn the ignition key on the glow light is stays on only for 2 to 3 sec. then it goes off. so is their any chance of relay problem.also i never change the fuel filter for a long time. so is their any possibility for that...Thanks

Frontera 2.2tdi won't start after changing diesel pump

Hi

I've had a mechanic here this evening fitting a recon diesel pump to a 1999/T Frontera 2.2tdi. Fitting went smoothly but now the engine will turn over but not start. The mechanic says he's done lots of these on Vectras and Omegas, but he seems to be running out of ideas. He has suggested trying to start the engine while being towed at 30mph, or try an air line in the fuel tank to help force fuel up the lines. Sounds a bit dodgy to me.

I haven't had a chance to check the state of the fuel lines as suggested in this thread (a job for the morning), just in case any got damaged during the fitting. Does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions? Does the pump needs priming? I would have thought the mechanic would know what to do if he's fitted as many as he claims.

Thanks in advance
Andy

bleed diesel through to leak off pipes you can get a pump in the return to tank

use one of these

you get them from any boat chandler that does outboards used to prime the outboards put in the return pipe near filter and suck diesel to pipe

its then primed .

you can use one near pump on leak off pipes

hai , i try to replace the leak off pipe .i have one doubt.do i need to cut the exact length .?,because my cars leak off pipe is broken near from injector and i can't take the correct length.if it is little bit longer is their any problem.???

thanks

zafira deisel 2.0 dti priming

i would like to replace the fuel filter and the leak off pipe for my diesel zafira 51 reg. after that do i need to bleed the fuel system. if needed how its doing.where i connected the bleeding pump..? Is it possible to use a syringe to bleed the system.thanks

finally start the engine. for my car do not need bleeding/. I just fill the filter full of diesel and start it. with in few crank it starts.Now i am waiting for tomorrow morning. is it start or not. Just watch.Becase i have always staring probs in the morning.that is why i replaced the fuel filter and leak off pipe. Thanks for the support.

I am having starting problems with my 03 Zafira 1995cc club DTI.When I start it first thing in the morning the glow plug light comes on and it starts first time.It then drives well with plenty of power.So far so good.Once the car is up to full temperature I can stop it and leave it for upto an hour and it will start first time.If I leave it for over an hour or there abouts it is a pig to start and needs cranking for anything upto and sometimes over a minute (not in one go obviously).It will always start but while cranking I will get a cloud of dirty smoke around the car and more when it does start.If the car is left for say 5 hours the glow plug light comes on for half a second and the car will start first time.
I had my usual garage have a look at it and they couldn't find any fault codes so they checked out the fuel system.One of the little T's connecting the bleed off hoses was damaged so they replaced this and all the blled off hoses .....still the same problem.
I took the car to the main dealer, they checked it out and said it was fine no code problems reported.They tried to start it and had the same problem I had.They suggested it was over fueling and was an injector problem.They sent the injectors away.....they were fine.They refitted the injectors and then said it wouldn't start and needed a new injector pump ,£1780 + VAT + fitting.I wasn't best pleased.
The current situation is the car is now back with the original garage with a non working pump.I can get a recon pump I expect but I am not convinced this will solve the original problem.My starting difficulty is slightly different to others posted.Can anyone help?
For info the car has done 75k.

I am having starting problems with my 03 Zafira 1995cc club DTI.When I start it first thing in the morning the glow plug light comes on and it starts first time.It then drives well with plenty of power.So far so good.Once the car is up to full temperature I can stop it and leave it for upto an hour and it will start first time.If I leave it for over an hour or there abouts it is a pig to start and needs cranking for anything upto and sometimes over a minute (not in one go obviously).It will always start but while cranking I will get a cloud of dirty smoke around the car and more when it does start.If the car is left for say 5 hours the glow plug light comes on for half a second and the car will start first time.
I had my usual garage have a look at it and they couldn't find any fault codes so they checked out the fuel system.One of the little T's connecting the bleed off hoses was damaged so they replaced this and all the blled off hoses .....still the same problem.
I took the car to the main dealer, they checked it out and said it was fine no code problems reported.They tried to start it and had the same problem I had.They suggested it was over fueling and was an injector problem.They sent the injectors away.....they were fine.They refitted the injectors and then said it wouldn't start and needed a new injector pump ,£1780 + VAT + fitting.I wasn't best pleased.
The current situation is the car is now back with the original garage with a non working pump.I can get a recon pump I expect but I am not convinced this will solve the original problem.My starting difficulty is slightly different to others posted.Can anyone help?
For info the car has done 75k.

try www.dieselbob.co.uk around £300-£500 refurbished

Hi, I see that you have had exactly the same problem with a zafira DTI as me. Mine will start first time and drive perfectly, but once engine is stopped I have to wait around 6 hours before the engine will start again! The garage have been unable to solve this problem for me, did you find a solution since you posted your problem a few months ago? I would greatly appreciate any information?

21 - 40 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.