Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

2.0 and 2.2 Dti Diesels all models no start

236K views 152 replies 59 participants last post by  andyl 
Frontera 2.2 dti sport no start

Hi all,
Guess what, my Frontera returned from a hauling a 2 tonne trailer of stuff from Brum yesterday and this morning wont start. Its a 2001 and done 67k miles.
It normally starts instantly. This time it spluttered a few revs with significantly more smoke then no joy- just as if no fuel. Changed fuel filter/ housing seals, checked injector spill off rubber pipes all seem in good nick and secure:shake.
any ideas before I get the RAC to take it to the local Vauxhall dealer?
Cheers,
Peter

Well I called RAC man and between us we changed the fuel filter/canister top and screw seal, purged the air out by unscrewing the lefthand thread valve unter the "prime pump" red cap and sucked using a bit of fuel hose and a bulb pump ( like doc uses to take blood pressure). We eased off the rubber hose from the intake manifold/intercooler and squirted easystart in until it fired up and ran.
All seemed ok but on restarting 10 mins later took a number of revs on the starter to get going. It was too late to get hold of VX dealer by then so next morning went and got a hose replacement kt (#93181131) and 3 x plastic tees (#9281478) £36 in total incl vat.

Pulled off old pipes and made up new. In trying to fit found than about 3mm of cyl 3 and 4 got left behind on the injector metal outlet pipe. Had to make up a very small chisel to cut it up down the head hole and a wire hook to get the bits out. That done and piped up, eased off the turbo intercooler/manifold pipe, cranked it over squirting in easystart and it after 10 secs burst into life. Ran to warm up all ok. Switched off and refitted the Dragon Chip. Started again instantly about 1/2 hour later. Tried again 6 hours later having parked it nose up a 30 deg slope, again started instantly.
The new pipe supplied is like a small reinforced rubber fuel pipe. The old one showed cracks when the fabric covering was cut off.
Hope this is all useful,
Cheers,
Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.