Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

2.0 and 2.2 Dti Diesels all models no start

236K views 152 replies 59 participants last post by  andyl 
What can I say other than I've had a W reg 2.0 Diesel from new. I've had to change the run off pipes twice now ( at different times) because of exactly the same fault you describe and I mean exactly. In both cases that solved the problem. The first length of pipe was from a factors the second proper Vauxhall. Sorry I can't help more. Best of luck John

Have you ever had this problem with your ZAFIRA / VECTRA 2.0 Di DIESEL??

If so what did you do to Cure it??... As losing my Head over this Car?

UPDATE... 17th Feb 2009............

I bought a Zafira for the Missis around 2 yrs ago in the Summer and Not Long After Buying it Around Xmas Time One Morning she wouldn't Start at all?....I towed it to the Vauxhall Garage and I was thinking Defo Diesel Pump as Known Problem as I have had a few go on me already!.........But No they Said it was Crank Sensor Fault?

I bought the Crank Sensor there and Then!.....Fitted it and Still the Same!.....

Took it to another Vauxhall Garage and they said Not showing Pump Fault but we will do some Checks.....Came back to me a few days Later saying YES the Pump is Gone!

I put a 2nd Hand Diesel Pump on it off a 38,000 Miles Engine, But the Car has been very Funny Starting especially as last winter came along and Noticed it was a real Bugger Gone when Parking Front End Up a Hill......Or leaving it stand in the Cold...Like the Heater Plugs wasn't working?

I took it to a Couple Of Vauxhall Dealers to put it on Tech Meter and they Said No Faults Showing on Here?... Do the Leak Off Pipes...Which I already done a few Months Before?

So I did change the.....Leak Off Pipes Again to Genuine Vauxhall Pipes not Factor ones...

No Difference.............Took it back to Vauxhall.....Then they said its Now showing Heater Plugs?

Then I Changed the.....Heater Plugs Brand New Genuine Vauxhall Ones........Still The Same!......No Difference..........

I then got another Heater Plug Relay.........Still The Same!!

Then Changed the Diesel Fuel Filter and seales around the Top of Housing!!.....Still the Same!

Vauxhall Garage then said after me doing all the Above it will Defo be the..... Diesel Injector Seals....So had them done Last Week............Guess What!

It did seem to Start abit better last week Facing Downhill or on the Flat....But Tonight I parked with the Front End Facing UPHILL..... And it Wouldn't Start Again!!....I had to roll it down a Hill so the Car was quite Flat and Kept turning it Over eventually it Started?

I also put a Top of the Range Battery's on it thought that would Help!...No Joy

I have really lost my Temper with this Car Unreal? It either seems as its Sucking in Air or Like the Diesel Fuel Filter is emptying or Diesel Going Back to the Tank!

I used to have a Garage myself and Know the Common Problems with the Vauxhall 2.0 Di Diesels....LEAK OFF PIPES/PUMPS/DIESEL INJECTOR SEALS ETC ETC

But any Advice you could give me would be very very Helpful and very much Appreciated!

Cheers Gaz.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.