Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

2.0 and 2.2 Dti Diesels all models no start

236K views 152 replies 59 participants last post by  andyl 
have you also checked all vac pipes and maf

also copper washers on pump to injector pipes do leak

go with injector seals

Reactions: wilko27
see post on your thread in forum

if you have a 2.0 or2.2dti you need the glow plugs to start the car 10 months of the year. they are all the same. I have had 2 x 2.0 dti vectras 1 x 2.2Dti vectra nad I still have a 2.2 dti omega which will not start unless you use glow plus even in this climate now.
thats strange both my 2.2dti does not need them or the astra 2.0dti and zafira 2.0dti

i have a cold starting probs.I checked the glow plug .It s fine while check it in outside. and checked the leak of pipe. That si also fine. Now no idea what to do. one of my friend said that could be the glow plug relay. is their any reply is their , and where is fitted .is it under the dash board. or??????

not glow plugs change filter in tis weather should start without them

bleed diesel through to leak off pipes you can get a pump in the return to tank

use one of these

you get them from any boat chandler that does outboards used to prime the outboards put in the return pipe near filter and suck diesel to pipe

its then primed .

you can use one near pump on leak off pipes

I am having starting problems with my 03 Zafira 1995cc club DTI.When I start it first thing in the morning the glow plug light comes on and it starts first time.It then drives well with plenty of power.So far so good.Once the car is up to full temperature I can stop it and leave it for upto an hour and it will start first time.If I leave it for over an hour or there abouts it is a pig to start and needs cranking for anything upto and sometimes over a minute (not in one go obviously).It will always start but while cranking I will get a cloud of dirty smoke around the car and more when it does start.If the car is left for say 5 hours the glow plug light comes on for half a second and the car will start first time.
I had my usual garage have a look at it and they couldn't find any fault codes so they checked out the fuel system.One of the little T's connecting the bleed off hoses was damaged so they replaced this and all the blled off hoses .....still the same problem.
I took the car to the main dealer, they checked it out and said it was fine no code problems reported.They tried to start it and had the same problem I had.They suggested it was over fueling and was an injector problem.They sent the injectors away.....they were fine.They refitted the injectors and then said it wouldn't start and needed a new injector pump ,£1780 + VAT + fitting.I wasn't best pleased.
The current situation is the car is now back with the original garage with a non working pump.I can get a recon pump I expect but I am not convinced this will solve the original problem.My starting difficulty is slightly different to others posted.Can anyone help?
For info the car has done 75k.

try www.dieselbob.co.uk around £300-£500 refurbished

Hi,

Any luck with fixing this fault as we have the same 2.0 Dti Turbo Zafira and yeap same non starting issue - so far £650 and still a pain to start. Its covered 147,000 miled and qwe had the injector seals replaced 3 years ago due to the same type of fault.

Over the last 7 weeks we have had the following done:-

Glow plugs changed (initial breakdown diagnosed by AA as Glow plugs at fault),
New battery a week later (died within 2 minutes),
Leak off pipes and "T" parts replaced - EGR valve cleaned up as very dirty (done by myself-much smoother to drive after)
Hometune then carried out an oil change, oil filter and diesel filter also replaced,
Ran for a week again no problem - Then Glow plug control system and relay replaced following another non starting session,
Ran for a week again no problem - Then Air Mass Flow meter replaced.

Our local Vauxhall garage seem to love us as its more money every week for them but with it being Christmas we just dont have the money to keep throwing at it. Just feels like they are changing things to justify giving it back to us.

One thing I have noticed which seemed od at the time when it wont start the REV and SPEEDO fall back below the zero mark but normally they stay on zero when cranking it over- is that an indication that the crank sensor is faulty as on some other posts the rev counter dropping to ZERO is an indication of that fault.

At NO TIME does the engine management light come on !!
that sounds like cranksensor

mine wont start getting a error code p1660 fuel cutoff solenoid circit high input - not present but this only comes up when i do output tests on it if i clear the code it never comes back but still wont start
check wiring on the main pump

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.