Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

2.0 and 2.2 Dti Diesels all models no start

236K views 152 replies 59 participants last post by  andyl 
I am having starting problems with my 16 valve Zafira 2.0DTI. I have searched this site and taken note of a few pointers, but am looking for some new ideas. The facts are as follows:
- The car starts almost first turn after the “glow-plugs” have been used.
- When the car decides that the glow plugs are not required (on a warm afternoon) it’s an absolute pig to get started and WAS taking around a minute to get going.
- Once running, the car runs as close to a dream as a diesel Vauxhall can!
- My “Leak-off” pipes did appear to be perished (a couple of the inlet nuts were coated in fuel) so I replaced them. This does appear to have improved things a little and the car starts after about 10-20secs of cranking (with a plume of smoke).
- Fuel filter was done on the last service I did, about 3 months back (all new seals fitted).
- While I was replacing the “Leak-off” pipes, I tried to tighten the injector inlet nuts, but they were as tight as could be.

My feeling is that if it starts first turn when the “Glow-plugs” work, then surely the fuel must be present and the fault must be something else…though I’m no mechanic and know less about diesel motors than I do petrol.

I’m off to look for any leaks in the fuel system.

Any help is appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.