Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's how it sits when wheels are pointing straight ahead.
Doesnt pull left or right when in motion.
And dont know how or when it got like that. Just noticed it the other day.
Would this upset an MOT tester man?:cool:

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good plan.

Though last time I asked a garage to look at the tracking they said they struggled with it being lowered.

·
member no 88
1,736 Posts
if the car is not pulling or wearing tyres,,,,,,why not just remove the steering wheel, shift it round a spline or 2 till it sits straight:Cool2:

·
VxON's only German Shepherd
6,939 Posts
It could be the steering column or steering wheel that weren't put back on right. As suggested above whatever the cause setting the wheels dead straight then taking the steering wheel off and moving it round a notch or two on the central spindal till it sits straight would be the easiest option

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
I have the same issue. Took the steering wheel off for the dash change and forgot to put it back on straight so it sits at 10 PM :lmao: It just needs taking off and re-aligning with the wheels, that's all.

·
Registered
145 Posts
scharatz said:
I have the same issue. Took the steering wheel off for the dash change and forgot to put it back on straight so it sits at 10 PM :lmao: It just needs taking off and re-aligning with the wheels, that's all.
i had same problem with a 306 and did the same!!!

·
Gas Powered
15,285 Posts
taking the steering wheel off is a bodge.

the tracking wants setting up so the Rack is mid travel with the wheel central.

if the wheel is removed and refitted to avoid setting the tracking properly, you'll get more lock in one direction than the other.

·
Banned
14,579 Posts
like mark says theres a figure of 320mm from the centre of the tie bar mount to one of the rack mounting brackets, it should be this figure when straight ahead

C

·
0 Posts
Done it before myself, when I've known the tracking is fine. Just wind both track rod adjuster bars equal amounts until wheel's straight. Half a turn each, if that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts