Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

After months of running fine, my astra wont start !
i left it whilst shopping and when i returned it wouldn't start. It turns over and there is plenty of diesel but wont fire up. Called Rac and the guy was a muppet ! he was more intrested in towing me home.
He took the cover plate off the top of the Fuel injector pump and inspected the module which he said looked fine !, We tried my spare key but it still wouldn't start. He mumbled something about not looking into the fuel system because of roadside dirt and towed me home. I have phoned round a few people and they seem to think it needs 'reseting'.
I have one guy coming round on thursday to plug a gadget in to retrieve any fault codes and to let me know what it is !

Any ideas what its likely to be ? would it be the injector pump ? it showed no warning of breaking down if so.

is there anything obvious i should check ?

also the RAC bloke mentioned the battery light flashing whilst turning it over ! he said he'd seen this problem before but couldn't remember what it meant ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Paul

G

·
Flashing engine management light means an immobilisor fault on older cars, possibly battery light flashing on yours means this.
Sorry can't help :shame:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Paul - I've got Astra estate 1.7 td with same probs. Undid 2 injectors and used seperate pump and connected to fuel filter to check if fuel would come out of injectors BUT nothing. Checked electrics - power to pump ok. Engine turns over but wont fire even when towed. 4 ecu fault codes when tested in garage - 001651, 00650, 021630, 011635. Awaiting more info from garage - will keep you posted - though mechanic thought it was faulty injector pump.

Phill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts