Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, not the auxiliary air pump. This pump is definitely between the engine and the rad, and one pipe from it goes to the nearside of the rad. I think it is to circulate water in the cooling system when you swith the engine off. What I want to know is when it is supposed to run, is it temperature/ time related or does it run all the time? Thanks for your responses

NW

·
Now has no 3.2
3,868 Posts
No, not the auxiliary air pump. This pump is definitely between the engine and the rad, and one pipe from it goes to the nearside of the rad. I think it is to circulate water in the cooling system when you swith the engine off. What I want to know is when it is supposed to run, is it temperature/ time related or does it run all the time? Thanks for your responses

NW
There is a cylinder on the fan mounting tray? Can you take a pic mate?

·
VxON's local spooky lurker
740 Posts
on the omegas its a secondary electrical water pump, thats operated when the fans are on to help cooling when engine switched off, as far as im aware it was only fitted on later models of omega so maybe is the same on vectras all tho iirc the omega has 2 one under the expansion tank and one attached to the radiator

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.