- 1996/N facelift model with galvanised body
- North Cape metallic purple
- Oil & Filter change every 3k miles
- Recent cambelt, idlers, tensioner & water pump
- MOT: 11 months (Jan 07)
- Tax: 5 months (Jul 06)
- More security than you can shake a stick at
- Full service (GM parts) prior to sale

I'm selling my completely standard 1996/N Vauxhall Calibra 2.0 16v in North Cape metallic purple with a cream leather interior. The mileage is above average at 187k, as I have used it for motorway travel nearly every day, however the engine is believed to be in fantastic condition as I change the oil & filter (with genuine GM parts) every 3000 miles religiously. It starts first time every time, uses no oil, does not smoke at all, and runs beautifully with a good amount of power and driveability. There's plenty of life left in this one yet!

No expense has been spared to keep this car 100% reliable during my three years of ownership, and I have a *massive* history file containing receipts for pretty much everything done/replaced on the car to date which backs this up. Recent work includes rear disks & pads, cambelt etc, OE Bosal exhaust front pipe (was a real pain to track this part down!), tyres (Michelin MXTs), front wishbones inc bushes and balljoints, ARB links, front shocks, 1x suspension top mount, exhaust backbox, etc.

It goes through the MOT every year with success and on the last MOT (a few weeks back) there were only two advisory points - a chipped windscreen (hadn't even noticed, not serious) and front brake pads getting low.

As you might expect at this price however, the car isn't perfect. Mechanically it is excellent apart from one annoying problem - there is an occasional knock/clunk coming from the front of the car. I replaced almost every suspension component in an attempt to sort this out, before finding loose subframe bolts to be the culprit - however a few months on it has now come back! I can't find the energy or time to investigate futher so I'm selling as-is. Additionally, the bodywork has some blemishes in places - the worst of which is a dent in the leading edge of the bonnet. Look very carefully in the pic below and you might spot it:

Aside from this, the car has served me extremely well and I really have been in two minds as to whether or not to sell up. However the time has come now as I know roughly what I'm replacing it with - I now do hardly any miles for work, so I want to replace it with something slightly less sensible and reliable! I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have, or take more photos of specific areas if required. Viewing is welcomed by prior arrangement.

The car is located in Tadley on the Hamphsire/Berkshire border, equidistant between Reading, Newbury and Basingstoke in Southern England.

£750

Cheers
Ben

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Missing pics Ben, you'll get more interest if you can add some to your listing. Sounds like a cracking car though, best of luck with the sale!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers...pics are working for me though! :beer:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers matey :)

I'm open to offers on this as my new car arrives at the weekend!

·
Registered
17 Posts
i will offer you £300 and my corsa 15 td .... does 55 mpg and mot till august and tax till end of month but cheap tax anyway....or will offer £500 cash and can collect at weekend..

thanks

dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts