Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a GLS cavalier 1994 and just needin to know if the loom is somewhere up front behind bumper somewhere for front fogs as iv got SRi bumpers coming...

Does anyone know???

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
Would assume so as my cav is a gls and it has forgs but its a 1995 :mmmm

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
All you can do is look :Cool2:

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
mines a August 2004 so back end of 2004
Thats new for a cav!!! :lmao:

My old TD GLS was a 94, and had fogs as standard- I thought all GLS models did.

So it stands to reason that the loom will be there if its a GLS loom:up:

Easiest way to see if its wired for them would be remove the headlight switch panel from the dash and see if the wires are there for the switch- next to the switch for the rear fogs.

Also once fitted, dont forget to fit a fuse and relay into the slots at the fusebox;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kool ta guys....

cavhopper can ya send me a pic of ya fuse box and point out where the fuse and relay needs to be? not got a cavalier manual to show me.. keepin ma eye on a new full set of them on ebay as vauxhall dealership cant get any no more

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
easiest way to check is remove the front grille & see if the wires are tucked under the panel near the bottom corners of the headlights , blue plugs with 2 wires.

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
iirc , most cavs pre 95 were pre wired but the gls should be anyway , the ls had no wiring for front fogs on a 95 , or at least the one my brother owned didn`t.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
My 94 gls has the wires, and now lights.

I also found these other connectors in that general area only with a smaller 'end' Would they be for headlight wipers?

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
kool ta guys....

cavhopper can ya send me a pic of ya fuse box and point out where the fuse and relay needs to be? not got a cavalier manual to show me.. keepin ma eye on a new full set of them on ebay as vauxhall dealership cant get any no more
The positions are marked on the lid/door of the fusebox:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts