Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am starting to struggle with this one. 17 plate Vivaro is losing a lot of coolant but it isnt anywhere to be seen. So I guess I need to look at the heat exchangers in the EGR, oil and heater matrix. Has anybody else had a problem and can recommend where to start? I also have oil from the timing chain cover, Vauxhall have changed this 3 times so I will be sorting this at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
If there’s no visual leaks, and you haven’t got a wet carpet from a matrix leak then it’s going somewhere… I assume you had a good look underneath in the morning to see if any has leaked over night ? Also checked for staining of where a leak could be ? Compression tests are fairly easy and cheap and are very useful. What kind of mileage are you on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If there’s no visual leaks, and you haven’t got a wet carpet from a matrix leak then it’s going somewhere… I assume you had a good look underneath in the morning to see if any has leaked over night ? Also checked for staining of where a leak could be ? Compression tests are fairly easy and cheap and are very useful. What kind of mileage are you on?
Hi Louie, just under 100k, spent best part of 3 hours this morning searching engine cold and engine hot. I can borrow compression test tools so cost isn't an issue and I need to start getting in a little deeper so I guess that is the first thing. A pressure test of the system shows a slow leak, so if the compression is good I will need to start linking components out and keep pressure testing until its proven somewhere. The parts guy at the local Vauxhall dealer seems to think that these engines are very good and he sells very few components and there isn't any pattern of similar bits constantly being used

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
What’s the recommendation on mileage for belt and pumps on the Vivaro? I’ll be honest I’ve never worked on a van only on a corsa C corsa D and Meriva A and a few bits on my first Astra H 1.6 so I’m not completely clued up but happy to chip in with the other members where I can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What’s the recommendation on mileage for belt and pumps on the Vivaro? I’ll be honest I’ve never worked on a van only on a corsa C corsa D and Meriva A and a few bits on my first Astra H 1.6 so I’m not completely clued up but happy to chip in with the other members where I can.
I wouldn't know without looking at the service book, it gets serviced on time every time and I do fluid checks fairly regularly. If I have to dig deepish then it will have a new water pump etc. Normally move vans on after 3 years but this one has done such a low mileage I thought I would keep it for another year or 2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts