Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2010 Vauxhall Astra J 1.7 Ctdi. It's got full service history. The pervious owner had it over 9 years. It's got 137k on the clock but have noticed the Timing belt hasn't been changed and it pulley has just started to make a squeaking/screeching noise intermittently.

So along with going to get a price on the timing belt, what else should I be looking at getting checked and maybe replaced ?

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
It should of been changed at 100k you can usually buy kits timing belt, idler pulley tensioner pulley and water pump

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the things I was thinking about needing or replacing. I was surprised that it hadn't been done yet.
I know the auxiliary belt has been changed as it looks new.
I will ring a few garages tomorrow and get some prices

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
26,608 Posts
Should cost around £200 all in , water pump is driven by the auxiliary belt on the 1.7 cdti engines.

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Premium Member
14,862 Posts
As above with a coolant flush. I had mine done around 6 months ago with the aux belt too, for my 2.0cdti, around the same price from a trusted independent garage. then just keep it well maintained with regular oil, filter & fuel filter changes too using dexos 2, 5w 30 oil.

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
Bloody hell 137k on one timing belt, if the previous owners balls were any bigger he'd need a wheelbarrow!

I do mine every 60k on my CDTI or every 5 years which ever comes first, I rebuilt engines with snapped belts it ain't a pretty sight, get it changed mate soon as if I were you, sods law and all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks guys all the codes have been cleared and to be fair the car seems to be running ok with no sign of the under boost the only issue I've had since is the serive light pops up With code 22 ( I know what that is ) but once I turn the lights on and off that goes out. The DPF light is still flashing and a 3 deep sound every 2/3 minutes. Same sound as if my tank is low or the service light is coming on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts