Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all its me again, are they any 1.9cdti experts in or around stoke that can take one look at my disastra? Lol. Its not throwing any codes up anymore but its smoking badly espeally when i put my foot down, theres hardly any boost either. It starts idles and revs fine too but everytime its upto temperature that when the car shakes or judders and throws out thick black smoke. Its a 1.9cdti 2008 twintop

·
Registered
69 Posts
sounds like turbo issues... take it off and look and the service items... turbos are items people often forget to service also check anything that is connected for blockages

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Possibly turbo or boost pipes.

I would look at the swirl valves Also if a 16v engine. (It’s not on the 8v)

You only get Black smoke if fuel mixture wrong.
So too much fuel (injectors ) or air getting in (swirls valves or boost pipe, but split may be hard to see if not big enough)

Look up swirl valves and will show you what to look at. The glue in position option is what I did.
If they blow out it releases a lot of engine compression.
Clean the egr and map sensor also

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry forgot to say the swirl flaps have been removed, even tried a brand new egr, cleaned map sensor, changed maf, changed the small vacuum pipe, checked pipes and changed fuel filter and air filter and im still confused. It definitely feels fuel related im going get the injectors checked i think

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Did it judder when it was warmed up? And throw out thick black smoke lol? I got no lights,codes nothing its got to be a split hose somewhere ive checked them all..well i think ive checked them all. How likely is the one from the air filter to turbo split? Thats the only one ive not checked yet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts