Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Hi there how much parasitic drain have you got. If its more tan about 200 mA you ought to find it, leaving the radio on all night could flatten it, i assume FL6 is fused link....well you could find out what that powers, personally i would check the charging system...voltage across battery static should be about 12.4v cranking about 10 volts and charging, about 2 k revs it should be 13.8 to 14.3 volts across the battery....

It might want a new crank sensor, if its that they tend to cause a lot of initial cranking without starting...suppose it could cause it to cut out, if you change it fit a genuine vauxhall one, or good quality one.....as for fuel pressure its pretty high on one of those several thousand pounds psi...so need OpCom or get it checked somewhere....hope that helps...from Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi there how much parasitic drain have you got. If its more tan about 200 mA you ought to find it, leaving the radio on all night could flatten it, i assume FL6 is fused link....well you could find out what that powers, personally i would check the charging system...voltage across battery static should be about 12.4v cranking about 10 volts and charging, about 2 k revs it should be 13.8 to 14.3 volts across the battery....

It might want a new crank sensor, if its that they tend to cause a lot of initial cranking without starting...suppose it could cause it to cut out, if you change it fit a genuine vauxhall one, or good quality one.....as for fuel pressure its pretty high on one of those several thousand pounds psi...so need OpCom or get it checked somewhere....hope that helps...from Fred in Essex.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Its probably a core plug leaking behind the flywheel, that sounds like fun.....that drain on the battery doesn't sound worth worrying about..Fred.

·
Premium Member
5,152 Posts
If it was a core plug itd be leaking all the time from the bottom of the bellhousing.
Cant see how it would get in the starter.
More likely to be from your previous leak.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Hi there well it might not be a core plug but i have know them to go, does it run out the bottom of the bell housing if there is a drain hole there....they used to have drain holes with a split pin in, in the past....does it use much coolant...can you see any other leaks external under bonnet...but i wouldn't worry about that drain on the battery doesn't sound bad enough to drain the battery....good luck with the OpCom...hop it works out...from Fred.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hi there well it might not be a core plug but i have know them to go, does it run out the bottom of the bell housing if there is a drain hole there....they used to have drain holes with a split pin in, in the past....does it use much coolant...can you see any other leaks external under bonnet...but i wouldn't worry about that drain on the battery doesn't sound bad enough to drain the battery....good luck with the OpCom...hop it works out...from Fred.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Well the theory was if the core plug inside the bell housing was leaking, if there is one, it car run over the back of the flywheel and get thrown all over the place including the pinion area of the starter...dont think it would actually get into the electrical part of the motor unless it could run along the armature shaft...Fred.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Yes cutting out problems could be whole load of different things from crank sensors to fuel pressure....seems to be common problem...hopefully OpCom will help....Fred.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts