Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,

I've just returned from a five week trip to start my car (2002 plate Vectra 1.8 LS) and have found that upon startup the rev counter hunts up to 1500 and then drops to idle at between 750-1000. If I put my foot on the accelerator and rev it above 2000rpm upon returning to the idle position the engine cuts out. If I keep my foot on the accelerator it will hunt between 2000-3000, 4000-5000, 6000-7000rpm, depending on how open the throttle is.

Also, I tried to take it for a drive today and had to pull over twice as I couldn't get past 35mph in 3rd gear. When I put the car into neutral the engine cut out.

I've read a few forums (including this) that suggests a new coil pack may be in order but before I go spending money on one of those I'd like as best a second opinion as possible.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,

Ross

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Do you have access to a code reader, check for any codes stored, hunting could mean split pipes, drawing in to much air, so pop the bonnet and listen closely for any hissing sounds, usually around the inlet manifold and the air filter and throttle body.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts