Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep.

I know I should feel stupid but I wash the bays all the time on Audis and Volkswagens and never had any trouble but I probably should have acknowledged the ECU at the top of the engine...

She just turns over now and wont fire, no diesel coming through to the injectors and the following fault codes -

P0216 - Low Voltage (Something to do with injection start/timing solenoid?)
P0251 - Injection pump malfunction.

Checked all fuses and swapped about some of the relays but to no avail. Have I destroyed the ECU?

Help please!!!

·
Worn Out Member
6,677 Posts
It's more likely to be a problem with the edu,that's the one down the back of the engine,the po251 is spill valve malfunction and it's usually down to dry joints,
in your case i suppose it may be wet joints but it could be coincidence,there are a few options on the po216 code but if it's the injection start control circuit variant then it's likely related to the edu fault

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's more likely to be a problem with the edu,that's the one down the back of the engine,the po251 is spill valve malfunction and it's usually down to dry joints,
in your case i suppose it may be wet joints but it could be coincidence,there are a few options on the po216 code but if it's the injection start control circuit variant then it's likely related to the edu fault
I don't think water got down to the EDU I only gave the bay a real quick degrease and wash down, I really wish I hadn't! I took the connector off and cleaned the terminals but it made no difference. Maybe it is just extreme coincidence and I should replace the EDU?

·
Super Moderator
27,022 Posts
Sounds like the EDU has failed , especially with that code.
Probably won’t be able to get a new one so it’s a reconditioned unit jobby :)

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I replaced the EDU but same result. I was wrong about the P0251 code, I meant to put P1631 - Spill Valve (Voltage too low) Permanent fault (stay on even after clearing)

So the two codes are P0216 and P1631, both low voltage codes! Surely this suggests a fuse or relay? I've checked all the fuses but which relay is the spill valve relay?

·
Worn Out Member
6,677 Posts
Did you check the F6 main fuse ?it feeds the engine control unit and spill valve relay
the relay is K66
Untitled picture.png

Untitled picture3.png

·
Super Moderator
27,022 Posts
Ok, I replaced the EDU but same result. I was wrong about the P0251 code, I meant to put P1631 - Spill Valve (Voltage too low) Permanent fault (stay on even after clearing)

So the two codes are P0216 and P1631, both low voltage codes! Surely this suggests a fuse or relay? I've checked all the fuses but which relay is the spill valve relay?
Water in the connection plugs .

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you check the F6 main fuse ?it feeds the engine control unit and spill valve relay
the relay is K66
View attachment 69945
View attachment 69953
Thanks for pointing that out couldn't find that anywhere! I have followed the wires from the spill valve to the EDU and then from the EDU to the relay and can see that wiring and relay is fine. The spill valve is not receiving any power to the wires once the ignition is turned on and on delphi diagnostics under 'Spill valve relay' it says 'NOT ACTIVE'. Why is it not active? :mad::mad::mad:

I don't understand why its called the spill valve relay when the spill valve is directly connected to the EDU and the EDU to the relay so surely it would be an EDU relay?

Regardless of whether I disconnect fuses and relays and EDUs, I still get the same two codes and no diesel coming through whatsoever. I think my only other option is to replace the ECU and whatever else comes with a second hand ECU kit, assuming I have water damaged the ECU?

·
Worn Out Member
6,677 Posts
The relay should show as inactive with ignition on/not running and active with engine running @idle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for pointing that out couldn't find that anywhere! I have followed the wires from the spill valve to the EDU and then from the EDU to the relay and can see that wiring and relay is fine. The spill valve is not receiving any power to the wires once the ignition is turned on and on delphi diagnostics under 'Spill valve relay' it says 'NOT ACTIVE'. Why is it not active? :mad::mad::mad:

I don't understand why its called the spill valve relay when the spill valve is directly connected to the EDU and the EDU to the relay so surely it would be an EDU relay?

Regardless of whether I disconnect fuses and relays and EDUs, I still get the same two codes and no diesel coming through whatsoever. I think my only other option is to replace the ECU and whatever else comes with a second hand ECU kit, assuming I have water damaged the ECU?
Hey
So what was the solution? I have now the same problem.
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts