Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi wondering if anyone can help me with this problem I have an Astra 1.7 cdti 2008 design has been a brilliant car until Friday night was all fine stopped to refuel (did use correct diesel fuel ) paid in kiosk on returning to car won't start it does turn over fine and seems quick as it's always been
RAC attended and all checked out ok no Dtc codes he used a small amount of easy start and it fired a little but I wasn't keen on using too much as it's not good
He then towed me home and with trying to start and lights on while being towed batt was almost flat on arrival home
Removed batt and gave full charge and refitted started straight away I did remain sceptical so did a few miles through the day seemed not all bad ran fine except a very small hesitation on part/low throttle
Returned home before attempting restart it did fine an hour later no go again
This morning started ok but can't trust being stuck somewhere pedal test shows 050074,050056, and 007071
Car has no history of breakdowns issues in the last 5-6 years well serviced
Any help is very appreciated this is my first post so sorry for any possible mistakes
Thanks in advance

·
"Red One.."
2,873 Posts
Those codes potentially aren't related - P0500 codes relate to vehicle speed signal, P0070 to ambient air temperature.

It's obviously not any mechanical issue if it ran briefly on easystart. Did the RAC check the engine speed in live data? I'd be checking that first at the point of failure, these engines can suffer with crankshaft sensor breaking down when the vehicle is warm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He did say about the crank sensor was reading pulsing and so was the cam at half the rate of the crank so he said that was fine I don't recall him mentioning fuel pressure to me but said with no codes he would assume all is good and blamed the in tank pump
As I've researched into this it has no intank pump

·
"Red One.."
2,873 Posts
Difficult without more detailed info from him. It would definitely be the case of being in a situation to monitor the crucial live data while the car is failed, DTC's or lack of them really doesn't help in most cases.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah. Understand that totally I've messaged koi carp keeper about buying opcom but no reply as of yet really stuck with this now with work also is a transport car for my disabled mum too so need sorting asap
Don't suppose anyone near Widnes with opcom ? Lol

·
13,368 Posts

·
13,368 Posts
Trying to do too many things at once.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts