Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So.. had 1.7 cdti astra h (06) for a few months now and has been a nightmare. ive had a squeel coming from the engine when under load and when it starts up, ive been to vauxhall and they diagnosed it as the tensioner, was replaced, noise went for a week and then came back with a vengeance. So they then told me to do water pump and idler (tensioner was again replaced under warranty). Same thing again, went away for a week and after a long motorway journey it returned. Anyone who knows what the problem is that would be grand.

·
Super Moderator
26,852 Posts
So the garage thought the noise was radiating from the auxiliary belt area ? Has the freewheeling decoupling pulley on end of alternator been checked out ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the garage thought the noise was radiating from the auxiliary belt area ? Has the freewheeling decoupling pulley on end of alternator been checked out ?
I dont know, i guess so as the said they checked all the pulleys on the belt, and id have thought they would have, conidering its a vauxhall garage, but ill ask them

·
"Red One.."
2,873 Posts
Agree with Fred that the one way clutch on the alternator pulley is high on the list of culprits.

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Worn Out Member
6,437 Posts
Or it may be an alignment problem,but i doubt a dealer would have the gear to check it
like this

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right well ill give the garage a ring and see what they say, thanks all for the pointers.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Would replacing this mean the whole alternator needs changing?
Pulleys are available separately, but, depending on what alternator is fitted, the alternator may have to come off and be stripped to change the pulley.

Reactions: Nick H
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.