Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car ran out of diesel so filled it up the car started without bleading so used it untill the next day after leaving it all night the car started very poorly as it normaly starts within 2 seconds on the starter so after a day of getting the same prolem i changed the fuel fillter and cracked the first injector thinking that would solve the problem it did not :cry: so not day cracked all four injectors this also made no differance on other diesels i have worked on ok they have a lift pump but there is a blead valve on the injector pump 2 prime the pump is this true on the 1.5td engine? the other thing that gets me is that the car runs fine once started and has no problems other then when left any help would be great many thanks chris

·
Registered
163 Posts
is it the paper type filter that sits in a case above the steering rack ???
if so they are normally self priming and there will be a small bleed valve on the bottom of the case to get rid of any air in the system

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
should be totally self bleeding , make sure you have more than quarter tank of fuel in , it is known that when diesels get low on fuel they pull air bubbles up the fuel line & when left standing the air will come to the top allowing the diesel to drain back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts