Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being stood for a while my van would go into limp mode if revved above 3k. It lasted a couple of days and i didnt have a problem after that but it was in daily use. Its been stood again for a couple of weeks and it's doing the same thing again.. I've heard that this could be down to the actuator arm on the turbo? If it is this can you resolve it somehow while the turbo is on or is it a turbo off job?

Cheers

·
Worn Out Member
6,186 Posts
What do the fault codes say,egr's are a common problem on these as well as sticking actuators

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The EGR valve was stuck a while back, I free' d that off. I have only got a cheap code reader, the only one it brought up was p0108 which is Map/ barometric pressure circuit high.. I plugged it into a mates when it first did it a couple of months ago and his said boost pressure. He said it was a sticky actuator arm. I carried on using it amd like i said it went away :/

·
Worn Out Member
6,186 Posts
try freeing it off ,it's hidden under the manifold shield but give it a few good soakings combined with working the actuator arm.
I did a 1.7 a couple of weeks ago and that's going fine at the moment

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just done it now.. it was stiff but it's moving now, it moves an inch or so maybe, does that sound about right? Not sure how much it should move tbh..

·
Worn Out Member
6,186 Posts
an inch or so sounds about right,unless you have something to record live data just run it for a bit and see how it goes,you can always give it another soaking

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've only got a cheap maxi scan haha.. well I'll see how it goes now it's moving.. I think it's the lack of use that's doing it but we shall see.. cheers for reply..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts