Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, this is my first post on these forums, I have just brought this van properly a week ago and is great on everything apart from when going fast and the turbo kicks in for properly 2 seconds then it loose power - yellow spanner light flashes on and then its stuck at 60 mph, anyway ive searched the internet and have seen people with similar faults but not quite the same - Also i have a Vgate Maxiscan ECU scanner (ODB reader) and to my surprise it found 0 fault codes - Any ideas to what it could be? The things ive found on the internet are - Waste gate & Map Sensor (but wouldn't this show on the ECU scan?) Anyway if any of you pros have any more information for me it would be much appreciated, cheers :-D

·
13,336 Posts
Buy yourself an OpCom unit and keep the Maxiscan for cars it works on.

Reactions: Fred Bassett

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why does it not work on these combos? it was able to tell me other info about the vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
There is a certain opcom software that works on this too, isn't there?

I'm sure you have to buy a certain opcom version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,015 Posts
There is a certain opcom software that works on this too, isn't there?

I'm sure you have to buy a certain opcom version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well uhm not really. The "official" china clone latest software version is 100219 and the firmware that goes with that is version 1.39. That covers most GM upto about 2010 (some later than that but thats only because GM didn't bring in some of the new engines until 2011 and later) Anything after the soft/firmware version you take pot luck. 99% its fine but just never get tempted to run anything other than the software it came with.

·
"Red One.."
2,873 Posts
As above with the Opcom info - decent code reader a priority. In terms of the car - could highly likely be the turbo - wastegate sticking and causing an overboost condition.

Reactions: grant19841
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.