Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help With 05 Zafira 20 Dti breeze58k miles

{I have above car which I have had for about 18 months now- it drives very well all though slightly under powered compared to other 20 dtis I have drove but never the less I am very pleased with it so far}
Then yesterday a warning light came on- it's a picture of a car with a spanner through it - think it is the controlindicator for the engine electronics? It only comes on at cold start for about a minute and the engine sounds really rattly {more so than normally}.if I drive off strait away with the light on it goes out after a 100 yards and does not come back on, or if I start the engine when it is warm it does not come on. i have also noticed since this problem has started , that when the light goes out the car now has more power than it has ever had {as if the turbo has not been working for the past 18 months but I have not had any warning lights before} Its Bugging the life out of me
What i am wanting to know is does anyone have any idea as to what it could be and why it's coming on?

Thanks in frustration!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
the answer is in your hand book case you dont have one if it goes out quickly it states not to bother basically as restarting your car can remedy this.. apparently...but you have said your power decreases. this is cause your car goes into limp mode when there is this fault present ..engine electronics. if the light flashes on start up then immobiliser fault.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have the same problem with an 03 plate 2lt tdi elegance model........well sort of same problem, i can be driving along fine then the control indicator for engine electronics light comes on.........car goes into limp home mode.........then as suddenly as it came on, it goes off and vroom off we go. i've had codes read but there are no codes showing............its bugging the crap out of me.............can someone help me find out what is going on

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
Are there any other symptoms when the light comes on - ie the rev counter flicking or battery light glowing etc etc?
cheers
Steve

·
Well-Known User.
4,290 Posts
... a warning light came on...It only comes on at cold start for about a minute and the engine sounds really rattly
I'd hazard a guess that one or more glow plugs need changing.

...engine electronics light comes on.........car goes into limp home mode.........then as suddenly as it came on, it goes off and vroom off we go.
Check over the pipe work for the vacuum system, the rubber 'T' pieces and elbows can split or perish and cause intermittent faults like you describe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is there a diagram anywhere to make sure vacuum pipes are on the right way round ? .........also there is a black connector looking thingy (lol) that is under where the pipes connect by the battery, it looks like there should be something attatched :/

·
Registered
1 Posts
I to am having this issue Stumpy where you can drive along then the spanner warning light comes on then goes off as quickly as it arose. I took it to my local garage who are very good and they ran a diagnostics through the computer and it reported no error codes. They cleaned a valve which they said had got a bit of carbon build up and all seemed to be ok (they didnt charge me for the diagnostics or the valve clean). But in the last few days the error has occurred again. I have tried the Pedal trick but it doent do anything on my 54 plate 2.0 DTI Elegance. Any insight as what may be the cause and like Stumpy asks if there is a diagram which i can check these vaccum pipes would be appreciative.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.