Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can throw some light on my problem eml came on a week ago took to a local garage had codes read and 0340 error appeared..

Camshaft sensor replaced but eml still on but the error reads camshaft incorrect signal error ?

Been told to replace the cabling as well would that cause the fault..? Any surjestions would be appreciated.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry to be stupid but what do you mean by that.. is it an entire part..? sensor and cable or a whole new sensor..?

Many Thanks for your help....

·
Registered
248 Posts
nah u aint stupid mate...its a new sensor well i say new its mainly the plug they have changed so new sensor with new conections means new connector has to be put on ur loom side..... easy enough job done one just the other week.... i take it all cambelt tension etc is ok

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks you are a star how much will this connector set me back...and how long a job roughly..?

Many Thanks again you have been most helpfull.....

·
Registered
248 Posts
i think its about an hours job obviously this is why vauxhall have brought this out cause of the amount of probs with the cam and crank sensors... pain in the rear end lol.... hmm quite costly i think off top me head 70 ish quid.. thats a kit with the connectors,sensor all bits u need... talk to someone with a discount ie vauxhall or trade smile nicely lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worse luck .. :) Guess she'll have to get her best clobber on you never know might get a free service if she tries hard !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts