Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
03 Zafira 1.8 Elegance , rear passenger door has stopped locking on key fob. All other doors, boot, petrol cap etc lock / unlock but the rear passenger door does not. It will lock manually via the knob. Can anybody help me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi - I had a similar thing on my '52' reg Zafira , at the bottom of the door on the hinge side is the electrical connector for the central locking (blue plastic connector from memory) - this had come unplugged ! so thankfully an easy fix !!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi - I had a similar thing on my '52' reg Zafira , at the bottom of the door on the hinge side is the electrical connector for the central locking (blue plastic connector from memory) - this had come unplugged ! so thankfully an easy fix !!
Yes, that was the problem, now all sorted - Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Ahhh thats where it is...is the servo motor thingy on the inside of the door on the other side of that connector??

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
There is a sticky at the top of this section about this
cheers
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
There is...but its about fixing the wiring, it doesnt mention the central locking motor on the back doors (unless I missed it lol)

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
Hi - yup its mentioned - do you need to change it then ? - reading the first post hte answer is a wiring fault - don't forget the fob activates the remote locking via wiring - i would repair the wiring first then worry about a broken motor if infact it is broken
cheers
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Cool thanks...actually assuming its the same as on the Omega (although its a little known fact to Omega owners too lol)...when the windows closed you only have to push the up button and hold for a few seconds to reset the window for auto open/close...

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
Lock and servo - you are confusing the issue now - the central locking motor not only does the actual lock unlock - but also the deadlock - and its connected to the alarm etc - if the door won't open on the remote but is ok by hand then its a wiring fault - not the motor - until its been tested and you can do this with the lock still fitted following the sticky info
cheers
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Confused as most cars normally have a seperate little servo motor that does the lock/unlock...

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
Ok i concede - servo motor/motor what ever i still say the fault is a wiring one not a motor one
cheers
Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.