Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
"Red One.."
2,973 Posts
The reason the oxygen sensors suffer at the hands of oil in the loom is that these sensors take their reference oxygen through the loom wiring, so once the loom gets clogged with oil the sensors fail as they can't function properly.

New pressure switch will stop the oil filling the loom but if the loom is full of even a small amount of oil you will keep on having oxygen sensor issues.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
We went through about 3 pressure switches over the course of about 2 years, one let go while my wife was doing 70mph on the motorway which of course blew oil back over the engine resulting in thick black smoke, she thought it was going to blow up bless her!
Apparently the part was modified so the later switches don't fail as easy.
Thats a lot 3 wouldn't of thought you would go through that many would you

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The reason the oxygen sensors suffer at the hands of oil in the loom is that these sensors take their reference oxygen through the loom wiring, so once the loom gets clogged with oil the sensors fail as they can't function properly.

New pressure switch will stop the oil filling the loom but if the loom is full of even a small amount of oil you will keep on having oxygen sensor issues.
Fingers crossed it will fix the issue thank you

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts