Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I changed my 02 sensor a while ago which came up with the code P0140 so I replaced it with a new one now its came up with the code P0141 surely it can't be faulty already and what's the actual diffrence in the two codes ?

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
nothing to do with what ya asking, hope ya get that sorted, but please stop putting all your threads in the all model vauxhall / opel / gm / holden how2 section of the forum please, every thread you make you put it in there, and i keep moving them, surly you get a notification telling you the thread has been moved to the correct section ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nothing to do with what ya asking, hope ya get that sorted, but please stop putting all your threads in the all model vauxhall / opel / gm / holden how2 section of the forum please, every thread you make you put it in there, and i keep moving them, surly you get a notification telling you the thread has been moved to the correct section ?
No sorry I don't thought this was the correct place ?

·
"Red One.."
2,973 Posts
What car/model year/engine are we talking about?

·
"Red One.."
2,973 Posts
i think he has a 08 corsa d, z12xep Nick, thats what his other posts are about.
Cheers Andy - just had a brief look too. Wonder if his loom is full of oil from a failed oil pressure switch? I see one of the other threads relating to an oil leak.

@cyclone101 is there any oil in the wiring connectors to the oxygen sensors?

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Andy - just had a brief look too. Wonder if his loom is full of oil from a failed oil pressure switch? I see one of the other threads relating to an oil leak.

@cyclone101 is there any oil in the wiring connectors to the oxygen sensors?
I haven't properly checked yet the oil pressure switch is quite new as well must be just over a year most probs and as I stated the sensor is recently new as well .what's the difference in fault codes ?

·
"Red One.."
2,973 Posts
P0140 is for the sensor element side of the lambda sensor, whereas P0141 relates to the heater circuit that warms the sensor up from cold to it's operating temperature.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
P0140 is for the sensor element side of the lambda sensor, whereas P0141 relates to the heater circuit that warms the sensor up from cold to it's operating temperature.
So most probably need another sensor do you think ? or unless oil or something is on and it could be just cleaned

·
"Red One.."
2,973 Posts
Check for signs of oil first. If there's oil in the loom you'll go on forever fitting new sensors (the oil in the loom blocks the reference oxygen path into the lambda sensors, that's why they always fail when the loom gets contaminated).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Check for signs of oil first. If there's oil in the loom you'll go on forever fitting new sensors (the oil in the loom blocks the reference oxygen path into the lambda sensors, that's why they always fail when the loom gets contaminated).
I will do thank you it is possible it could be a fuse I read something about that ?

·
Premium Member
15,536 Posts
The fuse you mention covers both sensors and a few others but check it anyway, its FE26 in the engine bay fuse box, was this a genuine sensor or aftermarket replacement.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The fuse you mention covers both sensors and a few others but check it anyway, its FE26 in the engine bay fuse box, was this a genuine sensor or aftermarket replacement.
I checked the sensor wiring loom connector and there was a bit of oil on it so I've cleaned it and put it back together and cleared the code if it comes back on I'll check the fuse as well the sensor is a genuine one made by Bosch

·
"Red One.."
2,973 Posts
I checked the sensor wiring loom connector and there was a bit of oil on it so I've cleaned it and put it back together and cleared the code if it comes back on I'll check the fuse as well the sensor is a genuine one made by Bosch

How much is a bit of oil? If the connectors were oil filled you'll just keep eating sensors. Unplug the oil pressure switch and check for signs of oil in that connector.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How much is a bit of oil? If the connectors were oil filled you'll just keep eating sensors. Unplug the oil pressure switch and check for signs of oil in that connector.
I've cleaned the lamba sensor and I've checked the oil pressure switch which there was a bit of oil coming from silver nut where's its screwed into the engine so I've ordered a new oil pressure switch so I'll replace it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've cleaned the lamba sensor and I've checked the oil pressure switch which there was a bit of oil coming from silver nut where's its screwed into the engine so I've ordered a new oil pressure switch so I'll replace it

Do you need to replace the little plug that actually plugs into the oil pressure switch as its attached to the rocker cover by a plastic wire ?

·
Registered
2006 Vectra C 1.8, 2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
297 Posts
Do you need to replace the little plug that actually plugs into the oil pressure switch as its attached to the rocker cover by a plastic wire ?

Depends, is the answer!
What can happen with these engines when the pressure switch lets go, is oil can be forced into the wiring loom. This oil then makes it way through the loom killing sensors as it goes.
Had the same thing on the wifes Meriva, Vx advised us to get rid of it before it screwed the ECU, but we had it for another 4 or so years with no issue other than the O2 sensor which I never got round to replacing!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Depends, is the answer!
What can happen with these engines when the pressure switch lets go, is oil can be forced into the wiring loom. This oil then makes it way through the loom killing sensors as it goes.
Had the same thing on the wifes Meriva, Vx advised us to get rid of it before it screwed the ECU, but we had it for another 4 or so years with no issue other than the O2 sensor which I never got round to replacing!
Well I've ordered another oil pressure switch so I'll fit that and see where it goes from there i thought it was strange as I've only recently replaced the 02 sensor well properly just over the year and the fault code was slightly different to the first one

·
Registered
2006 Vectra C 1.8, 2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
297 Posts
We went through about 3 pressure switches over the course of about 2 years, one let go while my wife was doing 70mph on the motorway which of course blew oil back over the engine resulting in thick black smoke, she thought it was going to blow up bless her!
Apparently the part was modified so the later switches don't fail as easy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts