Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, bought this one unseen on Ebay for a whopping £300.....So far I haven't been focussing on her looks, just spend about £50 to give her a good service.......A further £10 on a hand car wash as I couldn't be bothered, but took the pictures before that.....

Now 4 days later and 350 miles further she's proven quite a good runner....I'll think I'll spend some more time with her on lipstick to make her look good again....

What do you all think?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spleenlesswonder said:
Looks like you bagged yourself a bargain there, even if you just use it as a workhorse.
Oh yes a workhorse it is indeed, just up and down the motorway during the week and parked up in the weekend as my wife will then allow me in our family car :mmmm

·
member no 88
1,736 Posts
that number plate would be worth about £300 quid alone!!!!! bargain:Cool2:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yes, there will be some severe elbow crease applied on this car! First make certain all mechanicals are 100% and empty my garage to be a bit more comfortable cleaning it....

I've already had some enquiries about the number plate indeed! As I work three days a week in Liverpool I am a bit worried about it though :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh forgot to mention, will be borrowing the steam cleaner from my mother in law this weekend! Should get the interior nice again....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The mileage is a realistic 145k....It had the usual stalling, but thanks to this great forum I found the fix/clean for it quite quickly.....There is a long list with niggly faults, but really just cosmetic things.....Quite a bit of rust, but as far as I can see limited to surface rust.....It even has a tow bar with full electrics! The main drawback is that the X20XEV engine is really on the smallish side for a car like this....Definitely the slowest car I've ever owned.....But once at speed really comfertable and the rear wheel drive really helps the handling on this big barge....

·
Zimmer GT for me!
3,511 Posts
dejongj said:
Oh yes, there will be some severe elbow crease applied on this car! First make certain all mechanicals are 100% and empty my garage to be a bit more comfortable cleaning it.... :)
Nice colour, and it's a roomy mota, but you shouldn't go calling it a garage straight away. Poor old thing. ;) ;)

·
22,199 Posts
Absolute bargian...you cant argue with a car like that for that price.

Numberplate as already mentioned would be well worth a good few £££...get it valued on www.newreg.com see how much its worth.

I agree with the engine in that size of car...not too good from stand still but once your moving they are not the worst.

More pics once its been valeted please :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was smug too soon :) Was recovered home today as I just avoided having the engine overheat....Suspected head gasket blown :( But then again at the money, I guess I'll fix it...Perhaps sell the plate to finance it....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts