1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. It's been bought to our attention that certain users are spamming new and existing users with links to their own websites. This is not permitted on VxON.
    Should you receive such a message, please report this using the 'Report' link you will find at the bottom of the message.
    Those users will then be dealt with accordingly.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Use The Search Function That's what It is There For!
    The chances are that the post you are about to make has already been asked so USE the search function first! You can either search JUST this forum by clicking on the search button on the top right (under the page numbers) or click on the main search button that is on the top tool bar.
    This will save you time and stop the same duplicate posts from appearing.
    Dismiss Notice

EEC Certificate of conformity

Discussion in 'Other Car/Van Related Technical Information Required / Provided' started by Pablo87, Sep 5, 2008.

  1. Pablo87

    Pablo87 New Member

    Likes Received:
    Madrid, Spain

    I have bought a Vauxhall Calibra in Spain, but it is registered in the UK. I want to register it in Spain, but they're asking me for the EEC Certificate of Conformity and I don't have it.

    Do you know where can I obtain the certificate? The car is a Calibra from 1996.

    Thank you!
  2. siraff

    siraff Well-Known Member

    Likes Received:
    west midlands
    I don't know about Spanish law but in the UK it would come under whole vehicle type approval - a car that's shipped here anyway so a parallel import would only need the appropriate mods to comply with lighting, etc.
  3. Ruperts Trooper

    Ruperts Trooper Geriatric petrol-head

    Likes Received:
    It's the EEC Certificate of Conformity which documents the type approval details.

    Vauxhall normally supply the EEC Certificate of Conformity in the document pack for each vehicle - sadly most owners manage to lose it.

    Your best bet is to apply to Vauxhall Motors, Luton, England quoting the VIN number and request a replacement Certificate.

Share This Page